Friday, January 15, 2010
A gift
So... it's been one of those weeks. Lot's of up's and down's and glad to welcome the weekend. I am eating a cookie, having a glass of wine, and almost ready to call it a night. My cozy bed, with flannel sheets are calling my name and I am almost ready.
The past couple of days I have been looking at my girls thinking to myself that they are getting so big, and growing up. I can't believe I will have a 5 year old next month. A couple of nights ago our family was eating dinner and I was telling the girls that they needed to finish eating their carrots and Buggie says to me "Mom, if I eat my carrots I am gonna get bigger that your not going to like that". And then Jac says to Jon "and when we get bigger your gonna have to give us away at our weddings Daddy". Seriously, both of those phrases came out of my children mouths. Oh dear, my girls. Love them.
I am really trying to consciously enjoy all of the moments I have with them. To treasure my days that I get to have with them not being in school, and having them all to myself. It is a gift that but, so often don't see it as that. Infact, I am going to say goodbye to you, and go give them another kiss on their foreheads while they sleep so soundly and then go read a fun magazine in bed. Nighty Night.
The past couple of days I have been looking at my girls thinking to myself that they are getting so big, and growing up. I can't believe I will have a 5 year old next month. A couple of nights ago our family was eating dinner and I was telling the girls that they needed to finish eating their carrots and Buggie says to me "Mom, if I eat my carrots I am gonna get bigger that your not going to like that". And then Jac says to Jon "and when we get bigger your gonna have to give us away at our weddings Daddy". Seriously, both of those phrases came out of my children mouths. Oh dear, my girls. Love them.
I am really trying to consciously enjoy all of the moments I have with them. To treasure my days that I get to have with them not being in school, and having them all to myself. It is a gift that but, so often don't see it as that. Infact, I am going to say goodbye to you, and go give them another kiss on their foreheads while they sleep so soundly and then go read a fun magazine in bed. Nighty Night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment