Monday, November 8, 2010
Peanut
Jac has been a kindergartner for almost 4 months now.
It has been more of a difficult transition than I would have imagined for her. I knew that "change" and "transition" can be hard for her but, once she gets the new "routine" or "reality" she tends to be just fine. She is also similar to myself where naturally she keeps all her emotions and worries inside ( I have been on the road to not internalize now for quite some time but, it still can be hard). She has a hard time talking about school, or how she feels about school (not because she can't articulate it but, because she would rather just keep it inside) With the stress she continues to carry regarding school, you can see her worry and burden and just want to just take it all away! FYI- She has an amazing group of friends and teacher, and I love the school.
Well... tonight she was having a hard time going to sleep. I came and checked in on her and it was one of those moments in time that I will remember. I caught her in a time where she wanted to talk about school, and wanted to talk about why kindergarten is so hard. I was able to listen to her fears, hear her thoughts, and then speak truth into her words. While talking and snuggling in her bed you could see the relief that my words brought to her heart. Having to tell her that the 2nd grader that keeps telling her and her friends that they can't play in the "tree circle" is just him teasing her. And that even if Madison says she doesn't want to play with her at recess, doesn't mean she doesn't want to be her friend. And that it's awesome that all the girls in her class want to sit next to her. And next time when Gabrielle says "shut up" just tell the teacher.
I love my Jac. My sweet girl is such a rule follower, and has gotten so stressed out over this whole thing called Kindergarten. Both Jon and I have no sense of worry or fear for her and her ability to not only succeed and excel in school but, know that soon (and hopefully real soon) she will love school!
And as I write this she is now fast asleep in her cozy bed, dreaming away.
Sweet dreams to you :)
It has been more of a difficult transition than I would have imagined for her. I knew that "change" and "transition" can be hard for her but, once she gets the new "routine" or "reality" she tends to be just fine. She is also similar to myself where naturally she keeps all her emotions and worries inside ( I have been on the road to not internalize now for quite some time but, it still can be hard). She has a hard time talking about school, or how she feels about school (not because she can't articulate it but, because she would rather just keep it inside) With the stress she continues to carry regarding school, you can see her worry and burden and just want to just take it all away! FYI- She has an amazing group of friends and teacher, and I love the school.
Well... tonight she was having a hard time going to sleep. I came and checked in on her and it was one of those moments in time that I will remember. I caught her in a time where she wanted to talk about school, and wanted to talk about why kindergarten is so hard. I was able to listen to her fears, hear her thoughts, and then speak truth into her words. While talking and snuggling in her bed you could see the relief that my words brought to her heart. Having to tell her that the 2nd grader that keeps telling her and her friends that they can't play in the "tree circle" is just him teasing her. And that even if Madison says she doesn't want to play with her at recess, doesn't mean she doesn't want to be her friend. And that it's awesome that all the girls in her class want to sit next to her. And next time when Gabrielle says "shut up" just tell the teacher.
I love my Jac. My sweet girl is such a rule follower, and has gotten so stressed out over this whole thing called Kindergarten. Both Jon and I have no sense of worry or fear for her and her ability to not only succeed and excel in school but, know that soon (and hopefully real soon) she will love school!
And as I write this she is now fast asleep in her cozy bed, dreaming away.
Sweet dreams to you :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ur such an amazing mommy. xoxo
ReplyDelete