Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Breathe
So we all have those days... The kind that seem to last forever, the kind where nothing seems to go as planned, the kind where both your kids decide to misbehave and bug their mommy all day long! I just keep saying to myself "it is just one of those days". Do any of you Moms feel like those days aren't really just "a day" though? It seems like with my girls it's like a week of "those days", where they're just off and nothing you do (or read about in all the parenting books) seems to work. You just have to SURVIVE it, get through it, and then all of a sudden your sweet kid is back. You know what I mean?
Lately, Buggie has been really testing my patience. Let's just say the fire in her red hair is starting to flame. Yikes! When something affects her negatively she goes from 0 to 10 instantly (no joke), it's almost startling and sometimes takes a while to figure out what the heck she is even reacting too. For example this evening while we were eating dinner Jac took a piece of chicken off Buggie's plate and she screamed so loudly and said to Jac " don't do that again Sissy or else I am gonna punch you in the face"! What? Are you kidding me? Did Buggie really just say that? Now, clearly we don't talk like that at home but, Buggie is a sponge just like all other kids, and has learned from the herd of "older kids" a new "lingo".
So it was that kind of day where you have to remind yourself that the job I am doing as a Mom is greater than today. To remind myself that I am making a difference, and she will learn the things I am trying to instill in her. And until then just love her, and take many, (I mean many) deep breaths.
Hang in there fellow moms. We can do it! I think this is the time where the lamaze breathing has come in handy. Not so much during labor but, now as I try and raise my kids! Geez!
Lately, Buggie has been really testing my patience. Let's just say the fire in her red hair is starting to flame. Yikes! When something affects her negatively she goes from 0 to 10 instantly (no joke), it's almost startling and sometimes takes a while to figure out what the heck she is even reacting too. For example this evening while we were eating dinner Jac took a piece of chicken off Buggie's plate and she screamed so loudly and said to Jac " don't do that again Sissy or else I am gonna punch you in the face"! What? Are you kidding me? Did Buggie really just say that? Now, clearly we don't talk like that at home but, Buggie is a sponge just like all other kids, and has learned from the herd of "older kids" a new "lingo".
So it was that kind of day where you have to remind yourself that the job I am doing as a Mom is greater than today. To remind myself that I am making a difference, and she will learn the things I am trying to instill in her. And until then just love her, and take many, (I mean many) deep breaths.
Hang in there fellow moms. We can do it! I think this is the time where the lamaze breathing has come in handy. Not so much during labor but, now as I try and raise my kids! Geez!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen. I needed this reminder Linz. I have had "one of those days" for about a month now. I am starting to see a light at the end of this dark parenting tunnel (but it is dim!!). My youngest has a bit of red in her hair, but TONS of red fire in her little personality! Deep breath, deeeeeeeeeeep breath. Lord help us as we guide these precious ones you have entrusted to us. Love you Linz!
ReplyDelete