Friday, September 4, 2009

Rain drops

Rain drops are falling on my head...



The MacDonald clan wants fall to come now! The heat has been intense this summer. Everything is brown, the kids can't play outside much at all, the ac can't get cool enough, and were just sick of it! Two days ago, it poured rain in Redlands for about a half and hour or so. It was such a gift. The girls and I ran outside with our umbrellas and played in the rain. It was so alot of fun.


It made me want fall more than ever. Wanting to decorate the house with pumpkins, twigs and berries, lighting all my yummy smelling candles, listening to the sound of the wood crackle in the fireplace, putting on a cozy sweater, jeans and my uggs. Oh it sounds so nice!

So today the girls were hot, sweaty, and cranky (a great combo). And I thought of an idea! I told the girls to get their bathing suits on. I gave them each an umbrella and put them in the shower, and told them to pretend that it was raining. They loved it. They kept giggling, and saying "man, it sure is rainy in Redlands today".





So... if your kids are hot and have run out of ideas try this one, it was quite successful in this household. Stay cool.

1 comment:

  1. seriously, this is so AMAZING! you are so creative:) you guys are great. i am ready for fall too!
    love,
    roxi

    ReplyDelete