So Jon turned 36 on February 11th. I can't believe my husband is 36! This was a birthday that I really wanted to make sure we "celebrated". It's been such a hard year and Jon continues to rise up and keep going in the midst of a lot of responsibility, pressure, and stress. And in the midst of all that has happened this year there is also much to be celebrated, and that is what we did! We invited some of our most dearest friends and had a party! And most of you know I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, so when we decided we were going to have a party I knew just what I wanted to make for a birthday cake. It's from Bakerella (there is a link on my blog) and it's a 12 layer cake! It was actually quite easy just time consuming but, who cares it was worth it! And not to brag but, it turned out so good! You should make it too. So now Jon is 36, I am 30, Jac turns 5 in 2 days, and Buggie is on her way to 4. NUTS!

The recipe suggest using disposable cake pans. Makes it much easier to clean!
Pancakes is my favorite meal in the entire world, and this cake looked like
the cake of my dreams! A pancake cake (almost) but even better!

Jon loves the movie WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE. So I put some of the characters on top of the finished cake. It was cute, and WILD! Tee hee.

Did you just hear the Hallelujah chorus after you saw this picture?
Yummy food, and great conversations, a great night.Now i am trying to figure out another occasion that I can make that cake. Mmmmmmm. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment