Thursday, March 11, 2010

My "sweet and not so good for you" favorties from Trader Joes



So I have been raised on Trader Joe's. And is also my "home" market of choice. I met one of my dearest friends there (she was a cashier at the time) and do happen to go in there way too many times within a week. I now know many of the workers that work at my Traders, and love shopping there, and trying new things. Every week I buy at least one thing that I have never tried, and almost always end up buying it the next week and the week after that. Let's just say that my grocery cart is almost always full. So I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things that are sweet, and not so healthy but, worth it! I will post sometime soon my favorite healthy things at Trader's but, since I have given up sweets and junk food for lent this is what I keep thinking about. It's been good for me to detox, as you will soon see by scrolling through this list I have a bit of a sweet tooth.


These are so good baked and dip them in marinara sauce. YUM!



Beer Bread Mix. This bread is amazing, and taste so good! Just mix in one can of beer, drizzle some butter, bake, and enjoy. Amazing!
Oh and I can eat the whole loaf, and have before.



This is Jac's favorite breakfast, and becoming one of mine too. You let the croissants sit out overnight and just pop them in the oven in the morning.
They are amazing, and taste homemade, really they do.

Align Center


I put 2 cookie dough balls in a ramekin and cook them in the oven for just a little bit, so they are pazookie style. Then I pull them out of the oven top with vanilla bean ice cream and I have an amazing pazookie! Oh and also I just eat the cookie dough frozen.
You can't go wrong
.



Bake in the oven, and top with berries and ice cream. Dangerous!



I love this cake with chocolate frosting but, my favorite is making it with homemade cream cheese frosting and then top with whole fresh blueberries. It is the best ever!


Align Center

I am a "gummy" lover. It was only a matter of time till Trader's making
gummy treats.



My sister says that if she didn't have self control
she would eat all 4 that come in the box in the same sitting.
And I will admit they are very delicious!



Very thin cookies, amazing with tea or coffee, and very easy to eat 20 of them!

I love Trader Joe's!

2 comments:

  1. We love those chocolate croissants! They've become our Christmas morning tradition (plus other mornings too, no way you can only eat them once a year). And I've been wondering about that beer bread! I'm gonna have to get that next week :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was really hard for me to read because, believe it or not, we DO NOT HAVE TJs IN IDAHO!!! Had it in the SB, had it in Seattle, but none in Idaho. So many days I have wished I could just zip into TJs for a few things :(

    ReplyDelete